Saturday, March 20, 2010
7 Summers...what would you do?
A few of us have begun the dreaming, planning, and development process for 7 Summers (see video and article). But, the first step in any good plan is to frame the questions. Here are a few of mine (please post or email me your ideas):
1. Can we identify the best catalysts for change... strengthening of family and neighborhood, dream incubators, dream teams, youth cells and empowering networks, business support, school and community partnerships?
2. How do we create the support structure in the church for this kind of vision?
3. How could parents and mentors be motivated to play their key part?
4. Are there many adults whose own calling and dreams would be fulfilled in this kind of movement?
5. What kinds of dialog, brainstorming, and planning models would facilitate rapid development and implementation?
6. How do we engage children and youth themselves into the imagining and planning process early and give this enough force to drive action?
7. How do we enlarge the online conversation and idea-generating process?
8. How can we REALLY get churches to work together in our cities... please don't say it can't be done, what is it going to take?
Watch the 7 Summers video.